[fpc-pascal] For..in enumerator for generic records?

Ryan Joseph ryan at thealchemistguild.com
Wed Nov 30 12:24:11 CET 2016

> Yeah, those were introduced in FPC 3.0.0 I believe - more Delphi
> compatibility changes. I still don’t know if I like it though, but
> understand its usage is meant if two classes are very close related. You
> can now have nested classes (god knows how deep), constants, vars etc
> all inside a class definition. The Delphi version of the Object Pascal
> language is becoming pretty messy.

Big mess indeed. I can wrap my head around nested types in classes because they’re necessary for generics I just learned but nested classes feel messy. Is there at least some namespace protection? That would be a benefit I suppose if the class was only ever used inside that class but a unit may be a better option in that case.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph