[fpc-pascal] New Feature: 'Management Operators'

leledumbo leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id
Fri Nov 11 04:42:08 CET 2016

> FPC will have the garbage collection, but the question remains what happens
in Delphi?

None of my concern actually. It's a simple unit without compiler magic (but
requires compiler support for the operator syntax).

> Would delphi create a similar feature, but make it incompatible with fpc?

AFAIK their NextGen compiler already has similar feature, with compiler
magic under the hood.

> Once again we arrive at the issue of standardization not being pascal's
> main advantage.... This will be an fpc extension only?

With it being a unit, I think so. Just like a bunch of existing units that
Delphi doesn't have.