[fpc-pascal] New Feature: 'Management Operators'

Lars noreply at z505.com
Fri Nov 11 01:43:00 CET 2016

On Wed, November 9, 2016 7:11 am, leledumbo wrote:
>> anyway probably I have no motivation anymore to continuing my work.
>
> Too bad, if only at least the patch for this feature is integrated, I can
>  start arguing to my employer again that Pascal has simple, user
> selectable garbage collection mechanism. I really wanna know who's the
> person that you mention in your g+ post.

FPC will have the garbage collection, but the question remains what
happens in Delphi? Would delphi create a similar feature, but make it
incompatible with fpc? Once again we arrive at the issue of
standardization not being pascal's main advantage.... This will be an fpc
extension only?

Would be interesting to see if Embarcadero has even heard of such an idea
or plans to implement it (or already has something like it?). Would be
good to bring it up with them if not already, as many fpc users are also
delphi users. If a fpc user gets used to writing code a certain way in
fpc, it would be hard to port all that code to delphi.