[fpc-pascal] New Feature: 'Management Operators'

denisgolovan denisgolovan at yandex.ru
Wed Nov 9 10:40:27 CET 2016

Yes. Mostly.

More general advantage is that this feature might finally bring FreePascal back into league of languages having nice support for value types (as opposed to OOP atrocities).
To put it in other words, functional style might become both feasible and sufficiently fast in FreePascal.

IMHO, that is one of the most valuable additions to the language in years.

BR,
Denis

09.11.2016, 08:29, "Lars" <noreply at z505.com>:
> On Tue, November 8, 2016 1:47 am, Maciej Izak wrote:
>>
>>>  I saw on the bug tracker a patch submission by Maciej Izak about the
>>>  feature "Management Operators".
>>>
>>>  This feature is related to Automatic Reference Counting?
>>
>>  Yes. We have a working ARC objects
>
> Can someone briefly explain what this means for code?
>
> Is this related to garbage collected heap allocated objects and similar,
> without using a garbage collector but using reference counting?
>
> Sorry if I am way off base, I just have no idea what it is...

Denis Golovan