[fpc-pascal] FreeBSD distro with fpc as star.

fredvs fiens at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 7 22:57:27 CET 2016

> I understand that you suggest you can't build the Lazarus IDE with defining
fpGUI or CustomDrwan  instead of Qt or Gnome (or Windows or Cocos).

Maybe I did not understand well.

AFAIK, for Unix os, Lazarus and LCL-widget-set need a "big native"
widget-set, like GTK, KDE or Qt.

IMO (maybe I am wrong) LCL is, to resume, a "Pascal Header" of GTK, KDE or
Qt widget-set C libraries.

In theory it is possible to build Lazarus with fpGUI-pure-X-widget-set but I
was never able to do it work.

Also IMO (maybe I am wrong too for this), even for CustomDraw, a "big
native·widget-set" is needed.

The polYdev "pure X" iso-cd is about 350 megas (with webbrowser-Opera, 5
different fpc, all video codec, audio+video player, ide, window-manager,
wine decoder, etc...).

Installing the Gnome or KDE packages will need +- 950 megas more !

Fre;D

-----
Many thanks ;-)