[fpc-pascal] Using paszlib from fpc 3.0 with fpc and delphi 2007?

Paul Breneman Paul2006 at BrenemanLabs.com
Wed May 25 16:58:59 CEST 2016

On 05/25/2016 09:56 AM, Bo Berglund wrote:
> On Wed, 25 May 2016 08:21:54 -0500, Paul Breneman
> <Paul2006 at BrenemanLabs.com> wrote:
>
>> You've probably considered Abbrevia:
>> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/FreePascalArchivePackage
>>
> Yes,
> I got that as a suggestion over at the Embarcadero forum...
>
> But when I downloaded it from Sourceforge it turned out to be really
> massive, some 700+ files and basically overwhelming.
>
> I would like something simple, preferably built-in like TZipFile in
> later versions of Delphi. Or paszlib in FPC...
> But I also would like to have it work both in Delphi and FPC/Lazarus.

Yes, it may be large as it does a *lot* of things.  I know that people
invested a *lot* of work in improving it after it went open source, so
if you can figure out what part to use it should work good in Delphi and
FPC.

Regards,
Paul
www.ControlPascal.com