[fpc-pascal] Parser Generator

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Fri May 20 10:38:46 CEST 2016

Marc Santhoff wrote:
> On Do, 2016-05-19 at 13:10 +0200, Torsten Bonde Christiansen wrote:
>
>> * GOLD Parser: http://www.goldparser.org/

>> * COCO/R: http://www.ssw.uni-linz.ac.at/Research/Projects/Coco/

>> * TP Yacc/Lex: (included in Free Pascal)

> http://www.atocc.de/cgi-bin/atocc/site.cgi?lang=en&site=main
>
> Sorry, I had no time to test it yet.

"For target code generation you need to specify code fragments for each
rule in VCC."

I think the important thing for all of these is that they still assume a
lot of hard work from the person defining the custom syntax. They're not
a magic bullet.

For the last 30 years or so I've been using a compiler compiler
originally written in 1964, the implementation has matured as different
pascal compilers have become available. I'm not suggesting that this is
usable in the general case, but looked at objectively it does allow me
to make gross behavioural changes fairly easily, e.g. to define novel
string properties and to embed pragmata in comments.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk