[fpc-pascal] Class constructor called unconditionally

Vojtěch Čihák vojtech.cihak at atlas.cz
Thu Mar 31 17:37:47 CEST 2016

I meant Delphi optimization but I'm mistaking since they have it documented.

B.
> Od: silvioprog <silvioprog at gmail.com>
> Komu: "FPC-Pascal users discussions" <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org>
> Datum: 31.03.2016 16:17
> Předmět: Re: [fpc-pascal] Class constructor called unconditionally

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 10:58 AM, Vojtěch Čihák <vojtech.cihak at atlas.cz <vojtech.cihak at atlas.cz>> wrote:
IMO compilers should be dogmatic otherwise one cannot rely on them. This looks to me like advocating wrong optimization.

Blaazen
Thanks for reply Vojtěch, but are you referring to Delphi or FPC optimization?I think that FPC should keep the Delphi class constructor behaviour in MODE DELPHI, allowing the programmers to port Delphi libraries to FPC, but ...--
Silvio Clécio

fpc-pascal maillist  -  fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org