[fpc-pascal] History of the Cardinal data type?

Tue Mar 29 21:54:22 CEST 2016

On 2016-03-29 20:19, Sven Barth wrote:

> I usually use LongWord, too,

My preference is based on the fact that they often translate nicely from
C code examples and APIs. Plus I know those types and sizes pretty well
(at least when in comes to Free Pascal).

> but with the recent discovery that in Delphi

Luckily Delphi is of no concern to me. :)

> I'm inclined to use the (U)IntX (with X being a element of [8,
> 16, 32, 64]) types to avoid any confusion and surprises.

That's not a bad idea either... I'll look into that for future code.

Regards,
  - Graeme -