[fpc-pascal] cwstrings unit and UTF8Decode()

Fri Mar 25 14:51:28 CET 2016

On 2016-03-25 12:23, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>> > Yes, this is correct.
> Correction, this particular function does not depend on cwstrings.
> All the other widestring (uppercase, compare etc) functions do.

Ok, thanks for that.

Is there an easy way to see when a RTL function requires cwstrings to
function correctly? Is it mentioned in the RTL documentation? Is looking
at the RTL source code the only way to find that out?  Or does the
compiler in some way give a compilation hint that some RTL functions
will not function (because I might have left out cwstrings in a project).

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/