[fpc-pascal] AnsiCompareStr question (again...)

Marcou Gilles g.marcou at unistra.fr
Mon Mar 7 09:36:36 CET 2016

Thanks for your answer Jonas.

> One probably includes cwstring, while the other one doesn't.
> AnsiCompareStr can be intercepted/replaced by widestring manages such as
> cwstring.

Is it what is meant into the manual by: "A widestring manager must be
installed in order for this function to work correctly with various
character sets"? Frankly I don't understand what is a widestring manager
in the first place and how do I know if one is installed in the second.
Somebody can explain?

Another question is: do the cwstring unit call a system library
(.dll/.o/.so)? In that case, maybe my problem was due to a memory
management problem. Is it possible that a memory leak problem could
interfere with a system library?

Thanks for your help,
Gilles Marcou