[fpc-pascal] Bls: Bls: Quick Modern Object Pascal Introduction, for Programmers

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 21 11:29:49 CEST 2016

Am 21.06.2016 08:58 schrieb "Mr Bee" <pak.lebah at yahoo.com>:

> > Maybe a little bit offtopic, but I have a question regarding the
compiler directives: is there a way to tell Lazarus to use these directives
in every new unit?

> I even expect a bit further. These {$MODE OBJFPC}, {$H+}, and {$J-}
directives should be the *default* directives for every new FPC
programs/units. We're now using Free Pascal compiler on 2016. Why do we
need to explicitly declare Free Pascal mode in a Free Pascal program? In
21st century, our string should not be limited to 255 chars anymore. And
what the hell is "writable constant"? It's contradictio in terminis. :)

We have a strong focus on backwards compatibility, so the default mode
stays "fpc" and changing a modes' default settings would also affect
backwards compatibility.

Regards,
Sven