[fpc-pascal] Writing fpWeb app without Lazarus

Mr Bee pak.lebah at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 5 14:39:36 CEST 2016

Hi all,
I'm now learning how to use fpWeb. But for some reasons, I don't want to use Lazarus. Instead, I want to write the program using plain text editor or console text editor (like vim, nano, etc), in case I need to do it remotely. It's now just a simple Hello World program, so it must be simple enough to write the program as a single file without Lazarus. However, I failed. There must be something stupid that I forgot to write but I don't know what that is. So here's my code: program HelloWeb;
{$MODE OBJFPC}{$H+}{$J-}
uses  Classes, HTTPDefs, fpHTTP, fpCGI, fpWeb;
type  THelloModule = class(TFPWebModule)    procedure HelloReq(Sender: TObject; ARequest: TRequest;                       AResponse: TResponse; var Handled: Boolean);  end;
var  HelloModule: THelloModule;
begin  HelloModule := THelloModule.Create(nil);  HelloModule.ActionVar := 'm';  HelloModule.OnRequest := @HelloModule.HelloReq;
  RegisterHTTPModule('THelloModule',THelloModule,true);
  Application.Title := 'Hello World';  Application.Initialize;  Application.Run;end.
It was compiled fine without any errors using -XXs -CX -O3 parameters. But when the executable is deployed and then accessed from the browser, it returns 500 internal server error. I don't know what to do as I saw nothing is wrong.
That's the first problem. The second one is a question. I'd like to use fpWeb components in plain procedural way, without using the TApplication infrastructure, especially for simple CGI apps/services. Is it possible? Any advices?
I'm using a Linux Ubuntu 14.04 machine with Apache web server. I believe the problem has nothing to do with the OS nor the web server because my plain Pascal CGI (without using fpWeb) is running just fine.
Any hints to solve the problem is really appreciated.
Thank you.
Regards,
–Mr Bee