[fpc-pascal] Textmode IDE splitscreen?

James Richters james at productionautomation.net
Mon Jul 25 22:52:43 CEST 2016

>If you are using Windows, you can compile the IDE in FPC trunk with gdb/mi
support,
>which works by opening your program in a new console window, so it gets the
effect
>you want already under Windows. Lazarus also does the same thing, if you
don't mind
>using a newer IDE.

I'm using Windows,  Can you explain exactly what you mean by "compile the
IDE in FPC trunk with gdb/mi support" to be honest that went right over my
head.    Are you talking about an option inside the existing IDE I should
turn on that changes how my program compiles so it gets a separate window,
or that I somehow recompile the IDE itself with some option so that it
always executes my program in a new window?

I've tried Lazarus, for some reason I can't even get my program to compile
with Lazarus, I get pages of errors.  Maybe I just don't know how to get
Lazarus into Turbo Pascal Compatible mode..