[fpc-pascal] Parallel Port Access with Free Pascal - windows

James Richters james at productionautomation.net
Fri Jul 22 15:20:17 CEST 2016

What I need to do is be able to read some 5v TTL Inputs in and write some 5v
TTL outputs out.  The parallel port always worked when my program was a DOS
program.. it was so simple, just do Port[$378]:= data to set the bits on the
port  or data:=port[$378] to read some bits from the port.   I'm not opposed
to some hardware other than a parallel port if it will be able to interface
with freepascal easily, if anyone can make a recommendation.   Serial ports
won't work because they are not made to just read and write bits like the
parallel port and they are not TTL voltage levels.