[fpc-pascal] OData and Office365 REST API support

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 11 23:50:47 CEST 2016

michael at freepascal.org

>>> wrote:
>>

>>> googleapis also does not have an own repository ?
>>>
>>> They don't, but maybe they should.
>>
>> It's just taking more and more time to check out trunk.
>

> How often do you check out trunk ? I can't remember when I last did that.
>
> I think I have explained my reasoning for including this in FPC SVN
before: I consider these things as fundamental as the Win32 API or MacOS or
libc headers. The world is more and more connected. More and more web APIs
exist. That they happen to work over the net is irrelevant;

> As such, I consider web APIs an essential part of the compiler (or indeed
any) toolchain. In fact I think FPC is woefully behind in this department...

I personally(!) would prefer this and quite some other packages of the
packages dir to be in an official repo for fppkg. Especially the googleapis
package (and I'd guess this one as well) does really add quite a bit of
compilation time on my older machines...

Regards,
Sven