[fpc-pascal] FPC sources in FreeBSD

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Sat Jul 9 15:34:27 CEST 2016

On Sa, 2016-07-09 at 12:28 +0300, Juha Manninen wrote:
> Thanks everybody for help and comments.
> My memory is recovering slowly about keyboard configuration. It was
> many years ago I did it manually for Linux distros.
> But yes, "setxkbmap fi" in .xinitrc did the job.
>
> I confused "pkg" and "ports". Must learn more about the topic.

Easy if you know:

ports      are sources ported to FreeBSD, the port holds patches,
           building rules, configuration, etc. They live in "the
           ports tree" usually in /usr/ports, if you installed it

packages   are binary, precompiled programs, made from ports. Can be
           installed directly using "pkg".

pkg        is the program for installing, deleting, getting info about
           packages, a package managing program.

> I am quite happy with my current host OS, Manjaro Linux + KDE. Not
> planning to change it.

So you know about dot-names for hidden files and other basics. ;)

Marc