[fpc-pascal] Pascal Lexical Diagrams

Ewald ewald at yellowcouch.org
Sat Jan 30 20:20:10 CET 2016

On 01/30/2016 08:09 PM, Anthony Walter wrote:
> Ewald,
>
> If you read the threads on the Lazarus forums
I'm not subscribed to that forum as I do not use lazarus. I use
freepascal without an IDE. So by all means: enlighten me :-)

> you'll see the points people are making while complaining about the
> documentation, tutorials, and application developer guides, including
> complaints from some of the top contributors. In a nutshell it has
> been said that the wikimedia engine is bad for these things. One
> complaint is that due to it's everyone can edit/create pages there is
> a general lack of cohesion. Many people have vastly different writing
> skills, topics are not ell organized, contributors and moderators
> spend time fighting vandalism or bickering rather than on creating
> quality content, there are not enough people in out community
> interested in taking on their work of maintain a decent wiki. Many
> examples were given, and I personally prefer a nested structure with
> folders which the wikimedia engine does not provide.
You are talking about the wiki here. I was talking about the programmers
guide and language reference. The names may be off, but if you would
have clicked that link I sent in my previous message, you would have
noticed that that page is no wiki at all.

> If you are okay with the state of everything then move along.
Read the pages. What is wrong with them? If something is wrong, then
file a bug!

Now, since something terrible has gone wrong in pointing you to the two
documents I am talking about, I'll walk through the procedure with thee:
    - Go to www.freepascal.org
    - Click documentation (6th entry under general)
    - Select one of the docuemts, humour me and pick the language reference.
    - You are now here:
http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/current/ref/ref.html

Now tell me (or file a report), what is so "terrible" about this?

--
Ewald