[fpc-pascal] Pascal Lexical Diagrams

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Jan 30 20:10:07 CET 2016

On Sat, 30 Jan 2016, Ewald wrote:

> On 01/30/2016 07:21 PM, Anthony Walter wrote:
>>
>> There was/is a big discussion on the forums about the terrible state
>> of the documentation.
>
> Two things:
>    - I don't think the state of the documentation is terrible. It has
> in fact improved vastly over the years.
>    - By creating a secondary set of documentation the "terrible" state
> won't improve, now will it?

Contributions to the documentation have been scarce.
It is basically a 1-man job for the last 20(!) years.

Writing coherent and comprehensive documentation is a huge effort.

Making it look nice is simply beside the point.
So the proposal of Walter (with all due respect for the efforts made)
is just a waste of Walter's time. It is again a scattering of information.

Although well-meant, the current effort is not factually helping.
The effort would be better spent giving feedback on the current
documentation, so it can be improved where it is lacking. I have never
refused critique or ignored remarks.

I realize it may come over as not very nice on my part, or even vindictive,
seeing that I am the author, but after more than 20 years I have become
very sceptical.

Michael.