[fpc-pascal] AVR Busy Wait implementation

Florian Klämpfl florian at freepascal.org
Sun Jan 24 09:19:26 CET 2016

Am 24.01.2016 um 00:00 schrieb Simon Ameis:
> Would it be possible to issue a hint why a procedure can't be inlined at
> a specific call?
> This could change with the compiler and the user knows what to change
> for inlining.

The compiler tries to do this as debug info (-vd), see also fpc/compiler/ncal.pas:4007+. This is
printed only at -vd level because it is not detailed enough.

> Where do I find documentation/examples on how to define a compiler
> intrinsic procedure?

Good starting point are fpc/compiler/ninl.pas, fpc/compiler/ncginl.pas and tcgavr.g_concatcopy in
fpc/compiler/cgcpu.pas.

But if you provide a good pseudo code description, how such a delay loop should look like (e.g.
depending on avr type, delay count etc.) I can offer to implement it in the compiler as well.