[fpc-pascal] AVR Busy Wait implementation

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 15 20:11:17 CET 2016

Am 15.01.2016 18:10 schrieb "Michael Schnell" <mschnell at lumino.de>:

> On 01/15/2016 07:48 AM, Christo Crause wrote:
>>

>> The focus of the code is to get accurate delays down to a few cpu cycles.
>>
> This is impossible when running in any normal OS.(Of course you can run
an fpc project "bare bone" without an OS),

Depends on the OS. E.g. in our microkernel based realtime OS you can run a
process at realtime priority (thus avoiding the scheduler) and if you then
avoid kernel calls by e.g. using an assembler loop you can wait eater
accurately. And our OS runs normal applications as well (e.g. fpc :P ).

Regards,
Sven