[fpc-pascal] ARM CMSIS support

Jeppe Johansen jeppe at j-software.dk
Fri Jan 8 23:23:11 CET 2016

CMSIS is a lot of things. What exact part of it are you asking about here?

FPC's embedded target has a bunch of controller units that are pulled in
depending on the -Wp argument. These define exactly what you see in the
units in the rtl/embedded/arm directory. In most cases just the physical
registers, the interrupt vectors(and sometimes the IRQ levels), and some
startup code. The mapping between the files and the controller names can
be seen in the huge table in compiler/arm/cpuinfo.pas.

There are no object or source files for other parts of CMSIS, so things
like the CMSIS-DSP and all cortex-m intrinsics don't work right now.

The cortexm3 and cortexm4 units that you can include in your uses clause
will model some of the missing functionality but very far from all.

Floating point support is very untested. Most of it should work, but
there might be some bugs. You can enable it by compiling your RTL and
application with -CfFPv4_S16. If you decide to test it please write on
the bugtracker if you run into problems.

Best Regards,
Jeppe