[fpc-pascal] Happy tickets benchmark

leledumbo leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id
Sun Feb 14 16:08:03 CET 2016

> Not so good at all.
> It doesn't explain why C# with IL is significantly better than native
> code generated by FPC.

I believe the .NET runtime has optimizations that Florian, judging from his
answer a few posts behind, is not willing to commit due to low real world
benefit. He seems to have Prof. Wirth spirit in that compilation must be as
fast as possible while generating code as optimized as it can in that
available time. I don't understand though, why it can't be made another
-OoXXX that's disabled by default and perhaps activated in -O3 and above
only (-O2 is used to bootstrap the compiler toolchain, if you don't override
it, so it won't be affected).