[fpc-pascal] Happy tickets benchmark

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Sun Feb 14 11:09:22 CET 2016

Am 14.02.2016 um 10:45 schrieb Mattias Gaertner:
> On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 10:35:22 +0100
> Florian Klaempfl <florian at freepascal.org> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> Do you think people will bother? Nobody mentioned to the original poster
>> so far:
>> - that the used FPC is outdated
>> - that only -O2 is used instead of -O3 (or -O4 with 3.0.0)
>> - that even FPC 2.6.4 has a -Ooloopunroll option which is never enabled
>> by default and which is worth a try
>>
>> I do not know if the points above really effect the example, but it
>> tells me enough not to bother either :)
>
> Maybe documentation helps here.

You mean something like the page Size Matters? See the post of Martin
Schreiber how much such pages help.

> Is there already a page "pimp my fpc"?

In this case even fpc -h would have helped :)

But actually, before bothering randomly with command line options, I
would just rewrite the inner loop. Something like
              for n7 := 0 to 9 do
                if n1 + n2 + n3 + n4 - n5 - n6 - n7 in [0..9] then
                  Inc(TicketsCount);
should be much better.