[fpc-pascal] Happy tickets benchmark

Serguei TARASSOV serge at arbinada.com
Sun Feb 14 11:06:26 CET 2016

Hello,

thank all for assistance!

Sorry, I was not clear, the series should be ran with all tests _on the
same computer_ regardless its hardware capacity and on the _same OS_.
That's why I cannot compare with Delphi.

So if you have modern Delphi, FPC and maybe .NET on your Windows
computer please compare them with about 5-10 runs to get average time.

Thank you for the Inc() hint, I added it to the comments, it gains about
10% for me.
However, in Delphi Inc() is faster until you turn on the checking overflow.

Another strange effect in FPC.
Only longint shows correct result. With the integer type the optimizer
seems to replace type with shortint (16-bits) and I see 31902 instead of
4816030.

Regards,
Serguei