[fpc-pascal] Please someone explain this to me

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 10 11:42:56 CET 2016

Am 10.02.2016 11:11 schrieb "Anthony Walter" <sysrpl at gmail.com>:

> Marc,
>
> Your suggestions only work if a unit declaring the function is in your
uses clauses. In the scenario I described that is clearly not the case.

> Additionally, and in a different scenario, when the identifier IS defined
and several units are in the uses clause the goto declaration can jump to
an include file without any information pertaining to which of the units is
including the file. To the best of my knowledge there isn't a straight
forward way to figure this out, unless the author add that text to a
comment in the included file which often is not the case.

You can alternatively simply try F1, at least as long as you know the
identifier. That will either take you to the help or it will open the Code
Browser which will search for the identifier.

This was also discussed in the following thread on the Lazarus mailing
list:
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/pipermail/lazarus/2014-February/085631.html

Maybe this will help in at least some situations :)

Regards,
Sven