[fpc-pascal] New feature: IfThen() intrinsic

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Feb 2 13:22:01 CET 2016

Michael Van Canneyt wrote on Tue, 02 Feb 2016:

[evaluating all arguments to a function/intrinsic]
> I'm just trying to to put any foaming-at-the-mouth argumentation
> using this particular argument in perspective.

I think this is rather disingenuous after your own
foaming-at-the-mouth hyperbole (?) of reverting all changes and
temporarily shutting down the svn server if someone else did something
that you considered to be fundamentally wrong.

> For a correct understanding: The compiler must behave predictable at all
> times, no arguing there. But I don't think that iif() having different
> semantics than all other functions, is a problem.

Including all other functions called iif().

> It just needs to be
> documented properly. It is a non-issue for me.

It is a deal breaker for me.

Jonas