[fpc-pascal] New feature: IfThen() intrinsic

Tue Feb 2 10:31:32 CET 2016

On 2016-02-02 09:07, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> The "if then" construct is really confusing.
> "if then" is a statement, not an expression.

Exactly! I'm glad somebody noticed that too.

I'm fine with the iif() syntax. It is used in a few languages for many
years, so is a common and known name.

Then again, I really don't know what the issue is here, because it is so
simple to implement your own in Object Pascal. For example, the tiOPF's
tiUtils.pas unit has had it for over 15 years now.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/