[fpc-pascal] List of integers? Any class available in RTL or FCL to help?

Lars noreply at z505.com
Wed Dec 14 14:30:21 CET 2016

On Wed, December 14, 2016 12:09 am, I previously wrote:
> similar to freepascal's VARARGS

Correction: I really meant ARRAY of CONST, but varargs is kind of related.

i.e.:
http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/3.0.0/ref/refsu70.html#x181-20300014.4.6

is a simple way of generically programming, where you check what is being
passed in at run time instead of at compile time..

but you can't do things more powerful like send structures (records) or
more complex things like arrays, generically, whereas golang interfaces
allow such.

Apologies for "varargs", that's just what came to mind.. I really meant
"array of const". Even "array of const" is a strange name for this tool.

I think I once thought, can I make an "array of array of const" to try to
expand on the power of array of const. Which seems like a silly idea, but
academically interesting. Also, Varients are related to general
programming (generic). But no one likes variants, as it is like dynamic
typing.. Not sure if you can create an array of variant and program
generally that way. Doesn't really matter as people hate variants and tend
to avoid them.