[fpc-pascal] Using the LCL without Lazarus

luciano de souza luchyanus at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 18:15:36 CET 2016

Yes, this is a very good feature. As I can't see, the single way to
not extrapass the space is the automatic layout.
To become perfect, it would be fantastic if there is also automatic
positioning like in Wx or GTK.
In these tool kits, we can add a box or a sizer to the form. When you
add elements, as buttons, to the boxes, they are automatically
positioned on left, if is a horizontal box, or in the top, if it is a
vertical box.
There are something like this in LCL. If yes, the solution will be perfect.
The result don't need to become beautifull since I am blind, but if
elements are positioned over elements, perhaps the screen reader read
incorrectly.
What you have shown is very simple! Thank you!

> On Thu, 1 Dec 2016 14:57:42 -0200
> luciano de souza <luchyanus at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am also blind and this topic really interesses me.
>> In the given example, heith and width were specified in pixels.
>> Is there a way to write the same example using automatic adjustments,
>> in other words, setting to the layout incresing or decreasing in the
>> proporcion of the label writen?
>
> Yes. For example:
>
> With Form1.Button1 Do
> begin