[fpc-pascal] LLVM Backend Support

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Fri Aug 19 11:03:06 CEST 2016

On 19/08/16 10:51, Sven Barth wrote:
> Why is it that 32-bit targets would be a bit tricky to implement?

It's because our code generators don't have full generic support for 32
bit architectures with 64 bit integer "registers". It's possible to
implement support for something like that (the JVM code generator does
it), but then you have to take care of it in various code generator
units. We have separate defines for cpuXXbitalu and cpuXXbitaddr, but
they don't handle everything everywhere in the generic code yet.

Jonas