[fpc-pascal] FastCGI on Windows IIS

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Apr 25 08:57:09 CEST 2016

On Sun, 24 Apr 2016, Marcos Douglas wrote:

>> When you do, please save the contents of PATHINFO to some file, and send it
>> here, so I can examine it and adapt the implementation so it can handle IIS
>> as well.
>
> Hi,
>
> Doesn't matter if is CGI or FastCGI. Same problem.
>
> I did more tests.
> In my example, I have 1 Module "pdf" and 1 Action "act1".
>
> The Module has a DataModuleRequest event:
> begin
>  AResponse.Content := 'default';
>  Handled := True;
> end;
>
> The Action has a Request event:
> begin
>  AResponse.Content := 'list';
>  Handled := True;
> end;
>
> #1 Call Action
> Result: error - Could not determine HTTP module for request "act1"
> Log:
> PATHINFO=/fcgitest.exe/act1/
> NEXT_PATHINFO=fcgitest.exe

You always need to specify 2 paths:

  http://localhost:2015/fcgitest.exe/pdf/act1/

Unless you have set a default module and name in the application:

  AllowDefaultModule:=True;
  DefaultModuleName:='pdf';
  PreferModuleName:=False;

> #2 Call Module/Action
> Result: print - "default"
> Log:
> PATHINFO=/fcgitest.exe/pdf/act1/
> NEXT_PATHINFO=fcgitest.exe

Yes, this is a normal response, it seems ?

Even so, PATHINFO should not contain /fcgitest.exe/.
You can trust Microsoft to do things in an incompatible way :/

Michael.