[fpc-pascal] Linux: resolving hostnames in local network

Andreas Klausmann andreas.klausmann at web.de
Sat Apr 23 11:23:25 CEST 2016

Hi,
how can I resolve hostnames in a local (private) network under linux?
Both gethostbyname() and THostResolver work fine for google.com etc, but
not for local hostnames like testhost.local.
Testhost is reachable from console by hostname: ping testhost.local ->
success (resolved in background by avahi)

gethostbyname() works fine under Windows even for LAN resolution
(resolved in background by Netbios name service).

Currently I'm working on Ubuntu 15.10 on a raspberry, fpc 3.0.

Best regards!
Andreas