[fpc-pascal] TMaskUtils.ValidateInput function: how is it supposed to behave?

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 19:56:47 CEST 2016

On 4/18/16, Luiz Americo Pereira Camara <luizamericop at gmail.com> wrote:

> I propose to write a test suite first with the desired output, based on
> Delphi.

I agree with the concept, but:
Please note that Delphi (AFAICS) does not have a TMaskUtils class.
The behaviour of TMaskEdit (and hence methods like ApplyMaskToText)
has been tested quit vigorously agains the behaviour of Delphi 3.
It is near 100% compatible.

So, since Delphi only publishes FormatMaskText function, this is all
we can compare.
The other 2 functions we have in the interface are only used
internally by Delphi if I understand correctly (from some old
fpc-devel mails), so there behaviour is an imlementation detail.

The Delphi docs on FormatMaskText don't clarify much about how it must behave.

Bart