[fpc-pascal] FPC generated executables and digital signatures

Michael Thompson mike.cornflake at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 16:12:04 CEST 2016

wrote:

> On 2016-04-08 14:48, Tony Caduto wrote:
> > It only does that if the exe is executed from a location windows deems
> > unsafe.
>
> I just noticed that if I run the executable from a console window (not
> Windows Explorer, Total Commander, Double Commander etc), then the
> prompt does not appear.  We got to love Windows consistency. ;-)

Thats hilarious :-)

As you've worked out, this isn't an issue with the exe, it's the new
security paradigm.   To solve/workaround you need to let your windows know
the network location is secure.   From memory, internet option / security /
trusted sites / add the ip of PC hosting the shared folder.  Its somewhere
around there.   Why internet options?  I guess MS thought that would be
obvious :-)

Every corporate environment I've been in recently have prevented users from
adding trusted sites :-(

Mike