[fpc-pascal] FPC generated executables and digital signatures

Tony Caduto tony.caduto at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 15:18:54 CEST 2016

Graeme,

Glad to help, that's always annoyed me as well but have never had time to
fully investigate it, I imagine it's due to a signing issue like you
originally thought.
If you find anything out let us know 😁
On Apr 8, 2016 8:01 AM, "Graeme Geldenhuys" <mailinglists at geldenhuys.co.uk>

On 2016-04-08 13:51, Tony Caduto wrote:
> I only get that if I run the exe from a shared network drive on Windows 7
> and up.

Ha, that was the problem! My Win7 is a VirtualBox VM, and my source code
is on a VirtualBox shared folder (mapped to a drive letter in Windows
7).  If I copy that executable to the C: drive, then in runs without the
warning dialog.

What is the point of that? A drive letter is a drive letter. Why does it
make a difference to Windows it that drive is local, or a network drive?

At least now we found the cause of the problem. Thanks Tony. It least
now I know this will not happen on every Windows system. Now to figure
out a solution (eventually).

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/