[fpc-pascal] FPC releases for Win64 - 2.6.2 & 2.6.4 versus 3.0.0

Thu Apr 7 18:21:10 CEST 2016

On 2016-04-07 17:11, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> The windows team doesn't think there are sufficient reasons/arguments
> for a 64-bit native compiler.

Lazy buggers! ;-)

> (So, I roll my own. Luckily, this is not that hard)

I'll do the same, thanks.

>>  How do I know if a program (executable) is 32-bit or 64-bit under
>>  Windows?  Using Unix-like OSes, I can simply use the "file"
>>  command. What is the equivalent under Windows?
>
> Right-click in explorer, 'Properties', and then 'details'  or so ?

Nope, that's the firs place I looked. I've got 64-bit Windows 7
installed. The "Properties -> Details" dialog list the file type,
version, copyright etc... but nowhere does it say 32-bit or 64-bit.

I can see the "*32" in the Windows Task Manager which indicates 32-bit
or 64-bit applications. But that is only useful for long running
apps.For very fast running applications (eg: many console utilities) it
appears and disappears to quickly for me to see.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/