[fpc-pascal] FPC 3 regression: cannot use TStringList for UTF-8 data any more?

Mon Apr 4 13:00:38 CEST 2016

On 2016-04-04 11:34, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> for that. In fact you don't have to use LazUtils: some users simply
> copied the two units FPCAdds and LazUTF8. It's all open source.

This was not made clear until you explicitly mentioned it. Juha's
initial comment was vague on the matter, and the original poster never
mentioned they used Lazarus or LCL.

> Second I find it funny that the statement comes from you

I simply wanted an answer or explanation that benefits anybody using FPC.

> more complete solution for UTF-8. This is useful for many users. They
> don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Not having looked at the two units you mentioned... but if this is a
general requirement for anybody using UTF-8 or similar with FPC 3.0,
then wouldn't it be best to see if those units can be contributed to
FPC's FCL? The ultimate "don't reinvent the wheel" location. ;-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -