[fpc-pascal] FPC 3: disabling automatic AnsiString codepage conversion

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Apr 4 11:31:29 CEST 2016

On Mon, 4 Apr 2016 10:32:58 +0200 (CEST)
Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

>[...]
> You cannot, but you can set DefaultSystemCodePage to CP_UTF8.

I think it is important to note how to do this properly:

  SetMultiByteConversionCodePage(CP_UTF8);
  SetMultiByteRTLFileSystemCodePage(CP_UTF8);

You should add these lines in an early initialization section. The
beginning of your program might be too late.

> Then no conversions will be done for all ansistrings that contain UTF8.

And this really means AnsiString, not AnsiString(something).

Mattias