[fpc-pascal] Framework for Objects Serialization / Deserialization

Mazola Winstrol mazofeifer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 15:51:57 CEST 2016

> On Fri, 1 Apr 2016, Mazola Winstrol wrote:
>
> Hello list,
>>
>> Is there a fpc framework for or some standard to serialize / deserialize
>> classes and other custom types?
>>

> At least two units offer the base for such functionality:
> jsonrtti (fcl-json) and restbase (fcl-web)
>
> And obviously any TComponent can be streamed in the Delphi-native format.

Thanks for your reply Michael.

I can't change the actual hierarchical structure of my classes so i can't
use TComponent.

I can serialize custom types (e.g records) using fcl-json?

Delphi do have an intersting way to do with serialization: they have some
standard classes (TTypeMashaller, TConverter). If one wants to serialize to
a new format (e.g binary format), one can extended those base classes and
implement such serialization. Would be interesting if we create an
infrastructure like that.

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Seattle/en/Serializing_User_Objects