[fpc-pascal] howto find alternatives for deprecated fucntions?

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Mon Sep 21 14:10:02 CEST 2015

In our previous episode, Jonas Maebe said:

> [sock2text etc]
> > If I had had my way, the whole shebang would have been removed in 2.0.0, but
> > that was deemed to drastic.
>
> It's more that some people (including me) didn't agree that those
> routines should be deprecated and removed at all.

That's what I meant. Removed from sockets and put in an own unit, possibly
with new names. That would have reduced confusion of an overloaded function
that is now not overloaded anymore.

The problem is that at the time more new code was written using deprecated
functions than was already out there, which was the cycle I wanted to break.