[fpc-pascal] Linking failed on RaspberryPi

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Mon Sep 14 14:07:55 CEST 2015

On 04/09/15 03:15, Xiangrong Fang wrote:

> I try to compile my program on Pi, with the official FPC 2.6.4 for arm
> linux,

Official from where: from your Raspberry Pi repository, or downloaded
from our website? In the latter case: there are approximately a thousand
different variants of ARM Linux (*), and your Raspberry Pi is using a
different one than the one for which our FPC 2.6.4 was compiled. If you
are using the one from your Raspberry Pi repository, it should work.

If you want more information, everything you may ever want to know about
what could go wrong with compiling for Raspberry Pi has been discussed
in http://lists.freepascal.org/fpc-pascal/2015-August/thread.html#44987

You can also try FPC 3.0 rc1 for Raspberry Pi, as mentioned in
http://lists.freepascal.org/fpc-pascal/2015-September/thread.html#45162

Jonas

(*) this may be a slight exaggeration