[fpc-pascal] FPC 3.0.0-rc2 release

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 26 07:56:25 CET 2015

Am 25.10.2015 23:56 schrieb "Bo Berglund" <bo.berglund at gmail.com>:

> On Wed, 21 Oct 2015 10:50:19 +0200, Joost van der Sluis
> <joost at cnoc.nl> wrote:
>
> >We have placed the second release candidate of the Free Pascal Compiler
> >version 3.0.0 on our ftp servers. Most important change since the first
> >release candidate is a change in the unicode resource-string handling.
> >Also there is a new Windows to Android cross-compiler installer.
> >
> I installed from SVN head a while ago and this version seems to be
> 3.1.1 SVN 32000.
>
> Are there a lot of differences between the RC and 3.1.1?
> Should I back off to the 3.0 RC?

Yes, there are quite some differences. In how far they affect you is a
different topic however, which I can't answer right now.
That said 3.0.0 is a stable released while with trunk (aka 3.1.1) it can
happen that things break from one moment to the other (it's seldom, but it
happens). So if you prefer stability over bleeding edge bugfixes I'd use
3.0.0 at least once its final is released.

Regards,
Sven