[fpc-pascal] Basic Windows tutorial

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 23 08:04:29 CEST 2015

Am 23.10.2015 03:36 schrieb "Ryan Joseph" <ryan at thealchemistguild.com>:

> > On Oct 23, 2015, at 2:03 AM, Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> > Out of curiosity: in how far aren't you a fan of Lazarus' layout? Many
parts can be configured. Especially the code tools that Lazarus provides
makes navigating/writing code rather easy.

> I don’t use the RAD tools so those are in the way but the biggest problem
is how everything is broken up into separate windows. Could that be changed?

You don't need to use Lazarus as RAD. After all you can use it for example
for console applications as well (like the compiler) which definitely
aren't RAD. For your purposes you'd just need to start with the correct
project template and the IDE would still assist you with its powerful
codetools.

Regards,
Sven