[fpc-pascal] Access GPIO pins on RPi2 without root?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 09:02:53 CEST 2015

How can one control the GPIO outputs on a Raspberry Pi2 without
needing the program to run as root? I am using Raspbian Wheezy and I
need to add two relays controls to my program.
The pages I have found with google are for the original Pi so the
connector referenced is the wrong size and it is also always mentioned
that the program must be run as root.
My program must be started every minute by cron so I don't know how
this will happen...
(Not so used to Linux)

Do I need to install some driver in Raspbian to allow access to the
GPIO ports from FPC?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden