[fpc-pascal] Methods for autoupdating fpc programs?

Ralf Quint freedos.la at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 23:19:50 CEST 2015

On 10/3/2015 2:15 PM, Bo Berglund wrote:
> Yes, I found that but it seems to be a visual component that will
> interact with a user. My program is a command line application started
> by cron and running on a headless Pi2B installed inside a box in the
> wilderness. Only communicates via a mobile broadband modem/router... I
> need a non-visual one. And I did not intend to host my program on
> Sourceforge either...

Well, then run a shell script in cron instead of the executable direct.
And before starting the executable in that script, check for the
existence of a new version that your application has downloaded, and if
existent, copy it over the existing one and remove the download...
That's a basic method that will work for pretty much any application,
not only on written in FPC...

Ralf

---