[fpc-pascal] Methods for autoupdating fpc programs?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 20:30:43 CEST 2015

I am wondering if there is some method to autoupdate an fpc program
running on a RaspberryPi? It really should not matter where the fpc
program runs but I figured the operating system has some influence, so
let's limit this to Linux.

What I would like is to endow my data collection control program on a
Pi with the ability to check for updates on the web and then update
itself. But I have no clue as to the best way to do this.

The program will probably be started by cron every minute to check if
it has anything to do and if so execute its data collection task and
quit. Otherwise just quit, but here maybe also check for an update on
the web?
But how could one exchange a running program on the pi from within
itself?

Any common methods available somewhere?

--
Bo Berglund