[fpc-pascal] Screwed FPC installation in Xubuntu

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Oct 2 09:17:46 CEST 2015

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2015-10-01 12:53, Bo Berglund wrote:
>> I need to do an install of Lazarus + FPC on RaspberryPi2 with Raspbian
>> Jessie.
>
> It's been a while since I installed FPC on my RPi, but yes, I would
> follow the same guidelines as I mentioned for Desktop installs.

On PCs, Jessie doesn't appear to have too many surprises in it compared
with earlier versions. I'm much too busy to have tried it on an RPi yet.

The major "gotcha" is that you can't (by default) SSH into it as root,
which causes problems if you need to run a GUI (i.e. not just console
I/O) program as root with the X11 stuff passing over the SSH connection.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk