[fpc-pascal] Screwed FPC installation in Xubuntu

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 13:53:14 CEST 2015

On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 08:10:23 +0100, Graeme Geldenhuys
<mailinglists at geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:

>On 2015-09-29 at 01:52, Juha Manninen wrote:
>> I was able to get my Xubuntu 15.10 into a state where FPC doesn't
>> work even if I remove and install again from repo.
>
>Like I told many before, stop using package managers to install FPC -
>use the official FPC download and installer instead. I've used it for
>the last 5 years and it always works everywhere, and you don't need
>root access. I never had a single problem.

Seems related:
I need to do an install of Lazarus + FPC on RaspberryPi2 with Raspbian
Jessie.
Is the recommended method to do as you describe above also there?
Or is Lazarus itself going to correctly install FPC too?
(Will ask about Lazarus install on the Lazarus list)

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden