[fpc-pascal] mips linux cross compiled application error

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Nov 10 10:38:07 CET 2015

czd wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have compiled a simple mips/linux application with using raspberry pi,
> when I execute the app. it replies with this error. Device is onion omega.
> Illegal instruction.
>
> Here is my application output and the source.
> file testmips
> testmips: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, MIPS, MIPS32 version 1, statically
> linked, stripped
>
> program test;
> begin
>   writeln('DATE ',{$i %DATE%});
>   writeln('FPCTARGET ',{$i %FPCTARGET%});
>   writeln('FPCTARGETCPU ',{$i %FPCTARGETCPU%});
>   writeln('FPCTARGETOS ',{$i %FPCTARGETOS%});
>   writeln('FPCVERSION ',{$i %FPCVERSION%});
> end.
> Is there any special options for mips/linux to compile under arm/linux?
> Thanks.

I think you need to give us more information about how you've built and
how you're invoking the compiler. Also I notice from
https://onion.io/omega/ that it runs OpenWRT, I'm not sure what the
situation is with this but I think you'll need to link in appropriate
runtimes.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk